Bulkheads and how to make them stop leaking????

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small but persistent leak in the bulkhead on my sump, I took it off, placed a bead of silicone around the hole and replaced bulkhead. Problem solved.
Is it reef safe silicone? What brand if that matters? I bought one from Home Depot but Im not comfortable using it yet.

skylar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it reef safe silicone? What brand if that matters? I bought one from Home Depot but Im not comfortable using it yet.
Don't use the home depot one, toxins will seep in to your tank and crash it for sure. I had it happen to me 10 years ago when people weren't sure. Some said they were safe and it went horrible. You can grab a small reef safe silicone even at petco. I think Aqueon makes them.

Keen4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't use the home depot one, toxins will seep in to your tank and crash it for sure. I had it happen to me 10 years ago when people weren't sure. Some said they were safe and it went horrible. You can grab a small reef safe silicone even at petco. I think Aqueon makes them.
Thank you so much for the confirmation

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a chance the hole in the glass is too big for the size of bulkhead your using? Also make sure to clean the glass before you put the bulkheads in there.

Back