Bumblebee Snails to control/eradicate Vermetid Snails

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what’s everyone’s thoughts and experiences on using bumblebee snails to control or eradicate vermetid snails? I have these snails (vermetids) in my tank. They don’t seem to be bothering my corals . . . yet. If anything, they’re more of an eyesore on my aquascape and I’m thinking of putting some bumblebees in there.

FE8D63BA-FE0C-4957-8ED3-7BF7FFE4A1FE.jpeg

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what’s everyone’s thoughts and experiences on using bumblebee snails to control or eradicate vermetid snails? I have these snails (vermetids) in my tank. They don’t seem to be bothering my corals . . . yet. If anything, they’re more of an eyesore on my aquascape and I’m thinking of putting some bumblebees in there.

FE8D63BA-FE0C-4957-8ED3-7BF7FFE4A1FE.jpeg
Yes Bumblebee Snails eats vermetid snail(I hv seen many post and also my freind has told me it works). Still some not eat vermatid for some reasons. U want to keep them hungry for that. I myself has this problem but my fishes would not allow any snails in the tank.

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still to make a decision how effective they are. I bought 20 of them and they have been in the tank for over 2 months now and it appears they vertimid are going crazy...fingers crossed
Bumblebee feed on vermetid only if they r hungry so don't let the uneaten food or something that they can eat there on your sand

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those little snail tubes will grow, if you do nothing, in a year your aqua scape will be full of ugly little spikes. Been there....

Don't broadcast feed, that will help them spread.

They won't eat the snails in the tubes, you have to smash the tubes, then the snails will be able to get to them. Do this 3 or 4 or 5 weeks in a row, the bumble bees will do a very good job to get rid of them.

old_lady_4am

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those little snail tubes will grow, if you do nothing, in a year your aqua scape will be full of ugly little spikes. Been there....

Don't broadcast feed, that will help them spread.

They won't eat the snails in the tubes, you have to smash the tubes, then the snails will be able to get to them. Do this 3 or 4 or 5 weeks in a row, the bumble bees will do a very good job to get rid of them.
I’m going to break them off in my tank. I bet that will finish the job for me.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back