Bumblebee Snails to control/eradicate Vermetid Snails

FrugalReeferJon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2021
Messages
4,722
Reaction score
29,314
Location
San Diego, CA via Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what’s everyone’s thoughts and experiences on using bumblebee snails to control or eradicate vermetid snails? I have these snails (vermetids) in my tank. They don’t seem to be bothering my corals . . . yet. If anything, they’re more of an eyesore on my aquascape and I’m thinking of putting some bumblebees in there.

FE8D63BA-FE0C-4957-8ED3-7BF7FFE4A1FE.jpeg
 
So what’s everyone’s thoughts and experiences on using bumblebee snails to control or eradicate vermetid snails? I have these snails (vermetids) in my tank. They don’t seem to be bothering my corals . . . yet. If anything, they’re more of an eyesore on my aquascape and I’m thinking of putting some bumblebees in there.

FE8D63BA-FE0C-4957-8ED3-7BF7FFE4A1FE.jpeg
Yes Bumblebee Snails eats vermetid snail(I hv seen many post and also my freind has told me it works). Still some not eat vermatid for some reasons. U want to keep them hungry for that. I myself has this problem but my fishes would not allow any snails in the tank.
 
I am still to make a decision how effective they are. I bought 20 of them and they have been in the tank for over 2 months now and it appears they vertimid are going crazy...fingers crossed
 
I am still to make a decision how effective they are. I bought 20 of them and they have been in the tank for over 2 months now and it appears they vertimid are going crazy...fingers crossed
Bumblebee feed on vermetid only if they r hungry so don't let the uneaten food or something that they can eat there on your sand
 
Those little snail tubes will grow, if you do nothing, in a year your aqua scape will be full of ugly little spikes. Been there....

Don't broadcast feed, that will help them spread.

They won't eat the snails in the tubes, you have to smash the tubes, then the snails will be able to get to them. Do this 3 or 4 or 5 weeks in a row, the bumble bees will do a very good job to get rid of them.
 
Those little snail tubes will grow, if you do nothing, in a year your aqua scape will be full of ugly little spikes. Been there....

Don't broadcast feed, that will help them spread.

They won't eat the snails in the tubes, you have to smash the tubes, then the snails will be able to get to them. Do this 3 or 4 or 5 weeks in a row, the bumble bees will do a very good job to get rid of them.
I’m going to break them off in my tank. I bet that will finish the job for me.
 
They do work. You have to get a good supply of them. Also it takes time does not happen over night.
How many would you recommend for a 180 that has a huge Infrstation
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new