Bumblebee Snails with TBS Live Rock and other CUC?

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the unique look of bumblebee snails, but I’ve never kept them. I’m considering doing Tampa Bay Saltwater live rock and a mostly snail CUC, but I’m wondering:

A. Will the usual TBS hitchhikers likely eat the bumblebees? I’m planning on assembling my own CUC instead of using theirs, but I know small crabs and such often come along.

B. Will the bumblebees eat all my other snails?

Anyone have experience and advice for these?

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A. Not sure, I assume that you'd notice any hitchhiking CUC big enough to harm the Bumblebees.

B. I have ~ 20 Nassarius and 1 Trochus snail and many patches of snail eggs. I Also have about 5 Bumblebees but i've never seen them do anything other than crawl around the rock. Hopefully they're having a chew on the Vermitid snail tubes which are plentiful.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the unique look of bumblebee snails, but I’ve never kept them. I’m considering doing Tampa Bay Saltwater live rock and a mostly snail CUC, but I’m wondering:

A. Will the usual TBS hitchhikers likely eat the bumblebees? I’m planning on assembling my own CUC instead of using theirs, but I know small crabs and such often come along.

B. Will the bumblebees eat all my other snails?

Anyone have experience and advice for these?

The only thing you could get with TBS hitchhikers that may eat a snail are polyclad flatworms. I have not captured any on my order, so mine appears clean.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back