Unwanted bumblebee snail in new tank!!!

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dedicated area full of bumble bee snails because they devistate vermitid snails.

1 probably wont do much, i have like 15, and it still takes a couple of weeks to even find the rock with the snail infestion for the BB snails to notice.

OP
OP
Common Blevil

Common Blevil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have any other snails in the tank at the same time as the bumble bees? I’ve heard they will eat my other ones
After all the time snail lived in my tank i can say that it is unlikely to eat adult snails or even bristleworms... I can say more - i saw the worm steal food from the snail. They do not have much braincells, which are not working very fast too, so i think chances of it catching something not stationary are minimal. But if the tank has some detritus or uneaten food it will live.) I sometimes see mine)

OP
OP
Common Blevil

Common Blevil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first day in weeks, when this snail was not hiding in the rock work) I love it, even so it does not do anything. I see it once a week and fell good that's it's still alive!

Attachments

• IMG_20240406_132441.jpg
    IMG_20240406_132441.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 10

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first day in weeks, when this snail was not hiding in the rock work) I love it, even so it does not do anything. I see it once a week and fell good that's it's still alive!

Just move them to where u have a vermitid infestation.

And then they start going munching.

If you expect them to hunt vermitid on there own, well, its a lottery then, as i found they are really stupid like all snails and need divine intervention.

OP
OP
Common Blevil

Common Blevil

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just move them to where u have a vermitid infestation.
The only infestation i had was on the shell near head of dove snail, so i had to remove it myself

If you expect them to hunt vermitid on there own, well, its a lottery then, as i found they are really stupid like all snails and need divine intervention.
I do not expect anything from it, because i did not even want it(instead, the snail wanted me, i guess). Being alive, finding food and moving is enough for this creature, because as you said they are really stupid. But i have additional two yellow clown gobidiots, so i know how to deal with animals that don't think much... Sometimes i think that the only sane animal in my tank is a tailspot and it says something about my tank as a whole

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back