Burnt tips?

NitrateKillah

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2020
Messages
223
Reaction score
92
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stung? nipped? he was near a BTA not to long ago, but its been moved since, I also moved him yesterday for more light, as he was more in a shaded area. I woke up to this today.

I am running ULNS and Alk is at 8.4. Perhaps its related? its peeled from top rather from bottom, I assume it's not STN or RTN. Does not look like its peeling either, more like its been skinned off.

20200926_135341.jpg
 
is that a stylophora frag?
I wouldn't worry too much, they bounce back pretty well, at least for me.
 
is that a stylophora frag?
I wouldn't worry too much, they bounce back pretty well, at least for me.

Yah Stylo! my concern is that I just received Cultivated Reef frags yesterday, trying to be preventative.

I got the the Hubba, Red Plant, and Hairy Green.
 
Stylo in my tank is one of the hardiest (and fastest growing) coral. honestly I wouldn't sweat too much. just keep it in a distance from the rest of the pack for now.
 
Stung? nipped? he was near a BTA not to long ago, but its been moved since, I also moved him yesterday for more light, as he was more in a shaded area. I woke up to this today.

I am running ULNS and Alk is at 8.4. Perhaps its related? its peeled from top rather from bottom, I assume it's not STN or RTN. Does not look like its peeling either, more like its been skinned off.

20200926_135341.jpg
Lol @ “nitratekillah”
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new