Burrow/Tunnel contruction

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWESOME!!!! Great and so cool idea. It reminds me a project at elementary school with ants in a glass box just to show their Tunnels. Thanks and lets enjoy a symbiosis close up!!!

OP
OP
Sarah007

Sarah007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't figure out how to post videos on here, so I put them on Youtube. Links below. The first two are pretty interesting. It would appear the watchman wears the pants in this relationship. The watchman is not allowing the shrimp to exit the burrow during the filming. I missed a really interesting exchange where the goby chased the shrimp to the other side of the burrow after he tried to peek out the front entrance. Domestic abuse :eek:.... Watching for more behavioral surprises. I'll try and catch anything interesting that comes up.

OP
OP
Sarah007

Sarah007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh, looks like the videos show up here from posting the link. Cool!

acidtablockshifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I have been thinking about getting a goby back in my tank, but i kind of rushed the rock work when i put it all back together, and i'm just not sure how much rock is sitting nice and solid on the bottom. This would be perfect and look better then a flower pot or pipe or fake cave, I like the cut away view too, really adds to tank viewing.

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tank sitted a yellow watchman for a week while we set up a bio cube. The clowns at work wouldn't leave it alone. It was a daily ritual in one of my home tanks to end up in my sock filter. It would go through the slots in my overflow. Not sure why, as at that time the only thing in my 90 was corals and a cleaner shrimp. Every evening I would come home, pull one of the socks and dump it back in the display. Real sketchy little guy.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back