• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bushings?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone try making these bushings yet for the jebao cp40/cp25 pumps? I would think it could work too repair these pumps. Just has to catch the impeller enough
20200317_145146.jpg
to make blade spin.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone try making these bushings yet for the jebao cp40/cp25 pumps? I would think it could work too repair these pumps. Just has to catch the impeller enough
20200317_145146.jpg
to make blade spin.
Oh, I have the same issue on one of my CP40s. Only half spins now because of that.

Which means assuming they are identical, I should be able to copy the "good" one! Next time I clean the pump I will check it out :)

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I have the same issue on one of my CP40s. Only half spins now because of that.

Which means assuming they are identical, I should be able to copy the "good" one! Next time I clean the pump I will check it out :)
Yup that is what happens. If you take it apart and clean it really good, you can place a dab of 100% aquarium silicon on the impeller connection, and then connect the impeller. Let it dry well for a day and it will function for some time. I did that to repair a cp-40 until I can get the correct part. I had to do both sides that way. Obviously the better job you do preparing the surface for the silicon, the longer it will last. I used enough silicon so it would form the part around it when pushed together. I've heard others say it will only work for a few weeks but who knows the time they've put into their prep work.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured out the fix. I'll make a post soon.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back