Buy or pass? BSJ

Nano Lover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, there’s an online seller which sold me my two clownfish and they were great and healthy. He just told me he has this BSJ I have added the substrate and rocks and the tank is ready, however I asked for photos and this is the fish.
1ABDA651-94AA-4F4C-9845-BD75F3BB2C4C.jpeg

24E82321-E8E9-4701-B752-4C226A32FC4D.jpeg
Would you buy it? Does it seems healthy? He is selling it to me for around 85 plus shipping. I am really surprised he does not have sand in his tank for the BSJ. Thanks for the help!

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The biggest thing is does he eat? Is he willing to send you a video of it eating? I like to buy my fish in person and make the LFS feed the fish before purchasing. I know some don’t have this option but if they are willing to send pictures maybe he can send a video of it eating?

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d second asking for a video of him eating. I order corals from a variety of places, but for fish I always either order through Liveaquaria because of their 14-day guarantee or buy through my LFS.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biggest thing is are you actually willing to care for this fish, are your tank temps low enough do you have an appropriate method for controlling seasonal temperatures to replicate their natural environment. If you have a standard 76-82f reef tank year round then this is not the fish for that as high temps will reduce its lifespan.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks sort of skinny
Price should be around $120-$135

Aere

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worst fish I ever owned. Dug holes all over my tank. And I mean all over. Took frag plugs into holes. He evicted my gobies several times (even punked the pistol shrimp) till I had enough and brought him right back to the fish store. Never again.

OP
OP
N

Nano Lover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, thanks for all the people that helped me, you really saved me. The vendor had told me that the BSJ already ate spectrum pellets, however, when I asked the vendor for a video of the fish eating, he changed his mind and told me it only ate live brine shrimp, which I have read is not that nutritious and it seemed quite skinny. So I decided to pass, I will continue researching about the fish and wait till I feel ready and find a good vendor and a good fish. Thanks to all!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 50 56.2%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back