• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Buyer beware WWC

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

RyonFly

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just posting this as a warning to anyone planning a purchase from WWC.
I've been on the hunt for a purple tang to finish stocking my tank. I've checked a few of the LFS near me and no luck. I checked WWC's website, no PT's in stock, bummer. Decide to call just to make sure, talk to Rachael who was way to nice, she says they happen to have one left, I asked if it was possible to hold it for me and she said they could for 24hrs, unfortunately I was on shift the next day and wouldn't be able to come in until the following day. She said she could make an exception and hold it for me until then....the gall.
Shift goes by and today comes around, I excitedly drove to WWC, half expected the fish to have been sold, preparing myself for disappointment just because that is usually my luck.
I walked in and was immediately drawn to the large lagoon tank, store was way to clean, too big, and staff was way too friendly. I finally made it over to the wall of fish to see if they indeed have a purple tang. I start looking, started from left to right and I see her, I also saw a sticker on the tank indicating the PT was sold, hold for Ry. I'm not even close to getting to the infuriating part so hang on. Before I made the staff aware I was there to pick up that PT,I decided to suffer through the rest of the clean tanks and healthy fish, with a average looking second display tank full of way to bright and overgrown corals in the back of the store. I then browsed the endless coral frags that were obviously way too good looking, and then onto the dry goods which there was way to much of.... ridiculous.
I go back to the PT to get another good look at her before letting them know, unfortunately, I was offered help before I even asked. Staff spent way too much time answering my questions about the fish, acclimation, concerns. I'll fast forward here, they packed her up for me, I checked out with a few more items I shouldn't have bought and start my long ride home. I live over an hour, fortunately, from this place, but work about 30 mins on a good day from there. Anyway, I get about 5 minutes from home and stop for some gas, before I leave there I check to see how the purple tang is doing and that's when I notice it, it was impossible to ignore and my heart sank. These geniuses put the price I paid for this fish on a sticker stuck right to bag. Knowing this would be detrimental to my relationship with my wife there was only one option. It had to removed before I got home. Fish is double bagged and sure enough, they stuck it to the inner bag. No worries I tell myself, I'll peel it off, leave that price tag in the bottom of a random gas station garbage can never to be seen again. I take the inner bag out, proceed to remove the sticker by picking at the corner and...nothing, pick some more, nothing. I can't get this thing off. I pinch as much as I can of this thing and pull.... nothing. I started to wonder if this thing was printed on and take a closer look. No, but I did see where I stretched the bag a bit and then it happened. A pin hole leak has formed and before I realized it, it looked like I pi$sed my pants in the gas station parking lot. The only thing I could think of doing was get this back in the outer bag and get the rest of the way home. I pull into the driveway in a panic, there's no way she's not going to see this price tag. I tell the PT I'm sorry, and I transfer her into the outer bag, grab the bag with baked on price tag and throw it in my neighbors garbage can. So thank WWC, for overdoing everything down to your price tags. Can we get the option of an SO or significant other price tag option for stuff we buy?

PXL_20220410_222133902.jpg PXL_20220410_222128600.jpg PXL_20220410_222119003.jpg PXL_20220410_222147900.jpg

Last edited:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back