Buyers remorse

68Wreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the biggest dose of buyers remorse you have ever had in the hobby? Mine was probably buying hallucinations back when they were $$$ just to watch them melt on me.

christopher.lauwers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought a 65 gallon tall tank from a lfs and wasent thrilled with it in the store. But really really wanted something brand new.

Got it home set it up and hated it from the start. Sold it 2 months later for way less then what I paid.

Will never go back to tall tanks... low and wide all the way :)

OP
OP
68Wreefer

68Wreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 65 gallon tall tank from a lfs and wasent thrilled with it in the store. But really really wanted something brand new.

Got it home set it up and hated it from the start. Sold it 2 months later for way less then what I paid.

Will never go back to tall tanks... low and wide all the way :)
What was it about the tall tank you hated? Never had one myself but I've thought about it.

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was it about the tall tank you hated? Never had one myself but I've thought about it.
I have a 30" tall tank and I can tell you, I almost need snorkel gear! It is HARD to work in a tank taller than the standard 24". I wouldn't trade it for the world but since I went from my 120g to this tank, I futz A LOT less. It has to be REALLY important for me to get in there! Which, is probably good!

christopher.lauwers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Just wasent for me I suppose. There was
A lot of space between the rock and the top of the tank ... and I just always looked at it and thought I needed to fill that void. If that make sense.

And cleaning was not fun. Was up to my shoulder in water :)

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably when I walked into a LFS in 2004 and asked, "So how exactly do you setup a saltwater tank?" Wish the dude would have just punched me in the face. Lololololol

But seriously.... yes I regret a lot of high end zoas. They can flourish and grow out into a huge colony....then one day just start melting. I have since switched to BULLETPROOF PALYS. Same great colors that wont die off unless smthg majorly stupid happens in your tank.

Palys only from now on.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Tall tanks can be harder to aquascape, harder to clean, need more light to have the same PAR at the bottom, and don’t allow for as much swimming space for the fish (when compared to same volume of tank that is not as tall).

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GSP corals. Don't get me wrong, looks beautiful but can cover your rocks and other corals in couple of weeks.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
NUMBER ONE IS : Damsels (brings out the cuss words !!)

NUMBER TWO: Various lighting I bought in the past ( Current Marine and Marineland are 2 examples)

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my biggest bout of buyer's remorse was a 180 in a house I had no business putting it in. It was gorgeous, had a great variety of life but we felt like we lived in the tank. We finally sold it with everything in it. I now have a 93 cube in the same house and it's plenty for the living space if you ask me. I made money off the 180 but still...

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NUMBER ONE IS : Damsels (brings out the cuss words !!)

NUMBER TWO: Various lighting I bought in the past ( Current Marine and Marineland are 2 examples)
Damsels have attacked everything I've owned and ruined frogspawns. Blue velvet damsel attacked my clowns and frogspawn so I tried domino damsels they fought for the anemone with the clowns

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back