Buying a nassarius snail

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So other than than the snail itself what type of food has everyone had success with? Other than my meaty pellets for mu clown?

reefcreator1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't they eat debri they find in the sand? I guess you could use algae wafers too big for the fish to eat but the snail can get to or any other sinking pellets and any other leftover foods.

OP
OP
cody2cannon

cody2cannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
be careful if you have big polyps LPS corals, they can still food from the body at night

No corals yet but thank you for the post!
1484006901638.jpeg

reefcreator1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't they eat debri they find in the sand? I guess you could use algae wafers too big for the fish to eat but the snail can get to or any other sinking pellets and any other leftover foods.

Like leftover fish food not regular food.:) Just read it again and realized it sounded strange.

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
be careful if you have big polyps LPS corals, they can still food from the body at night

Oh man, that looks pretty upsetting. If I caught one of mine doing that it would be out of the tank. Come to think of it, some of my acans haven't been doing great. I better schedule a night watch soon...

granocompany

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My got back to the shop. After one month blastomussa started to show skeleton and melted away just 4 small baby left. I put them into the glass in my tank and feed them every day. Now they are big and very happy. I forgot, I got another blastomussa to the company after snaill was gone to the shop and new blast did the same in few weeks- start to show skeleton and melted just baby left. Curious, spread some disease from first one or bad look???

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 82 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back