Buying a skimmer! need advise

Anubisxii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get a skimmer I've been recommended the

Reefer RSK-300 Protein Skimmer

Tanks a 40g breeder with 20g sump. I'm upgrading soon so I know this might be a little over sized for the 40g.

Wanted everyone's 2 cents who is willing to give some, I watched the brs videos on it and it looks good but wanted to see what the community thinks.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks,

jasonsingh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get a skimmer I've been recommended the

Reefer RSK-300 Protein Skimmer

Tanks a 40g breeder with 20g sump. I'm upgrading soon so I know this might be a little over sized for the 40g.

Wanted everyone's 2 cents who is willing to give some, I watched the brs videos on it and it looks good but wanted to see what the community thinks.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks,
Reef Octopus is the best bang for the buck. Cheap and reliable. I had one that still worked after 10 years and only cost $150.

OP
OP
Anubisxii

Anubisxii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard of the brand and I know it's one of the mainstays for skimmers I'll check some out. I know the 299 is not cheep for that size skimmer but I would like something that's reliable.

dohc97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same skimmer, it's a beast, does your 20 sump have room for it's footprint?
I use it in a 120ish gallon system, with 5 fish and it does a great job. It is not the quietest thing but isn't too loud for what it can do, adjustments are simple and easy and the manual cup cleaner is a good touch. The bad is that the cup is a pain to remove so you better be using that drain to get the sewage out. My pic is to show the size of the bubble column it builds

IMG_20200906_142726.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%

Back