Buying an Ro/DI unit. Which one is best?

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to buying a rodi system what is the best ones to go for please let me know your imput thanks

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing compares to Spectrapure.

No other vendor specially treats all their membranes which is proven to improve their efficiency the batch or individually hand tests them or custom blends all their own DI resins so they are the best available for reef use.
I would recommend going to the FAQ section of their website and reading about the differences and why that is important to the end user before you decide on any RO/DI.

Brewman1987

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a spectra pure refurbished unit and have no problems with it. I did need to buy a booster pump because my well psi is crap

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fact is they all are about the same .... It's all about customer service find someone you are comfortable with and that will be the correct choice....

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad that's not true. There are major differences among components, membranes and resins. Not to mention all the imported clone housings and filters that don't meet ANSI/NSF or UPC codes and ratings.

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so most reputable dealers sell mostly the same type of products
Aqua fx
Bulk reef
Spectra pure
Coral vue
All of these will suite your needs so I say again find a customer service oriented company and you will be happy ....

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spectrapure is the only one who specially treats all their membranes with a proprietary process proven to improve their efficiency and to batch or individually hand test and guarantee the rejection rate. They are also the only one to blend all their own resins so they last at least 3 times longer and give you a true 18.2 megaohm resistivity 0 TDS water. They use only 1 micron or smaller near absolute or absolute rated sediment and carbon block filters so a second sacrificial carbon is not necessary. They are one of only a few to use the much better capillary tube flow restrictors and even their basic systems come with an inline pressure gauge.
They would not have been around over 30 years if they were not Innovators in the industry, not just selling off the shelf filters.
There really is a difference.

helldiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I regards to what he said only certain manufacturers make membranes And cartridges but in all I found most ro/di units are the same but support is the key Brs has great support and so does Coral Cue best bang for your buck is Brs,Spectra pure in my opinion is way to expensive

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok AZ that's all well and good but out of the back end of my rodi I still get the same product ZERO tds so we are back to customer support...... Period...... I personally have been dealing with aqua fx for about 17 years so much that I can just text the owners .... do I like spectra pure yes they make a great product but I don't know there customer support at all. .... But zero tds is what it's all about ....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back