Buying coral online

Ben street

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any good suggestions on where to look for quality, reasonably priced corals. Would love to have more places to shop that have good reviews.

Stickboy15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wwc is good but you can get the same coral for cheaper. try legendary corals, battle corals for sps, bsa corals, and on eBay you can find great deals

Joel B in FL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased a few different times from Adam at battlecorals and have enjoyed each one. I have gotten some really nice sticks from him. I am fortunate that I don’t live that far from Orlando so I can swing by WWC relatively easily, and from an in store shopping perspective they are top notch. I have even gotten some things through their eBay auctions and had good success. I have gotten a few pieces from ASD and they were pretty good. It really depends on what type of corals you are looking for though. SPS, LPS, or softies, most kinda specialize in their own thing.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultivated Reef. I've bought from them many times, the selection may be limited depending on what you are looking for, but they run sales alot.

WillH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest swaps and looking for trusted individuals or shops from the livestock sales thread on here. For higher end corals, I have found this to be the best option.

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purchased coral from Worldwide Corals, Top Shelf Aquatics, Battlecorals, Cherry Corals, Joe Knows Reefs, Jason Fox and AquaSD. I have been happy with the corals I received from all of them. Pricing certainly varies and I recommend you look for sales. I also think local frag swaps are a great place to get deals if they are an option in your area.

acananoreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultivated reef is my favorite--everything I have ordered from them has been great. On my most recent order I received 17 polyps of rastas as part of a zoanthid pack. I highly recommend giving them a try.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a photo of the coral before you pay for it... Ill let you know if its BS.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back