Buying fish online

cmozz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish supply everywhere is limited but I just received a Blue Throat Trigger from TSM today and can't recommend them enough.

OP
OP
H

Hellothere12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their site sounds and looks great but they have nothing in stock sadly. But thanks guys!

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far. The only fish I've purchased have come from LA Diver's Den. They arrived healthy and have remained that way so far. I'm new to the hobby however and have only had the fish for a few months. I've heard good things about TSM and Marine Collectors (MC isn't open for new orders atm due to pandemic). Hope this helps!!

Sure wish there was a better selection. I'd pay 3x or 4x regular price to know i was getting a healthy fish that had been quarantined and medicated if needed. But, unfortunately, outside of places like Marine Collectors, there just aren't many options that I've found.

I'll be watching this thread with hopes others have more options for us to choose from.

Happy Reefing!! ;)

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the best place to buy healthy fish online?
I recently made a purchase from Liveaquaria (early April) fish came in a little sluggish but once they were in QT they started to come alive eating and swimming with no issues. (Ordered a Valentini puffer and 5 double banded chromis) They are all now in our main tank doing fine. I had read that their customer service and quality had gone down since being purchased by Petco (I think?). I normally buy from our local LFS, but since the covid outbreak it's been hard to get fish in at most places. Long and short of it I'd buy again from Liveaquaria again if I couldn't find it local. Though now being an active member on R2R I also am open/researching for better options. It is hard to compete with the selection on LA... My recommendation is to read the DOA for any site you order from and make sure you QT anything you receive in the mail. That rule has always served me well for any fish or coral I get online.

Some pictures as proof of purchase :) Normally Seachicken (puffer) will pose for shots he's being a little meh today.

IMG-1583.jpg IMG-1582.jpg IMG-1587.jpg

Beardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 fish from TSM Aquatics last week. Great to deal with and fish are healthy and had been through quarantine already. Selection is very limited though.
Just ordered a pair of blue throar triggers from NY aquatics. Can let you know how that turns out when I receive them.

Never ordered fish online previously, had always purchased locally.

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had no issues with live aquaria or saltwaterfish.com. SWF has great customer service and have got several very healthy fish from. Haven't ordered from LA in a couple years but good experience there too.

kevin318

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prices on on LiveAquaria are about half of that on TMS. I guess right now you can get a premium, supply and demand. Their corals are very reasonable though.

Last edited:

NC2WA

Angelfish Whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 fish from TSM Aquatics last week. Great to deal with and fish are healthy and had been through quarantine already. Selection is very limited though.
Just ordered a pair of blue throar triggers from NY aquatics. Can let you know how that turns out when I receive them.

Never ordered fish online previously, had always purchased locally.

so how did you shipment from NY Aquatics go? fish healthy and eating?
parasite free after a week or so?

thanks
Kirk

Beardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It went well. Both were healthy and are doing good. Just finished up with QT and they are in my display now. Never any sign of disease but I did treat with prazipro and I treat every fish for flukes.

Here they are in qt before I transfered them.
20200613_185445.jpg

And here they are in the dsiplay. The male is still shy.
20200621_122848.jpg

20200621_122841.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back