Buying new tank advice

AmyBolton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok..

Ive been wanting a Waterbox 105.4 for awhile..
However, there is a Waterbed 130.4 used for sale for under $900 with sump etc. locally.

Should I risk it buying a used tank for that much of a discount or wait for a new one? What would you guys do..

I am willing to pay for a new one, but the cheaper one an upgraded gear also sounds good haha

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok..

However, there is a Waterbed 130.4 used for sale for under $900 with sump etc. locally.

Should I risk it buying a used tank for that much of a discount or wait for a new one? What would you guys do..

I am willing to pay for a new one, but the cheaper one an upgraded gear also sounds good haha
I'd be nervous about a used tank. I'm sure it's fine but I've personally been burned by buying a used tank. Innovative marine is doing a made to order sale right now you get 40% off. I'd look into those before spending 3k on a water box. Last time I checked most of waterboxes tanks where on back order so the wait on the made to order sale would be about the same for the waterbox.

Hope this helps.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok..

Your asking people that are from, 6month to 20 years of various experience of a variety of different species.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a brand new Crystal Dynamic 225 gallon tank, bigger the tank more money, more work, etc, I would look into the IM tanks, if I did not need the big tank I would go with a smaller IM app size of 36 x 30 x 20 if possible. Lots of people in the club I am a member of agree with getting an IM tank, and these guys have been around for a long time, and have huge money in their tanks.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back