Buying new tank advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter AmyBolton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AmyBolton

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2022
Messages
76
Reaction score
49
Location
Kansas, USA
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok..

Ive been wanting a Waterbox 105.4 for awhile..
However, there is a Waterbed 130.4 used for sale for under $900 with sump etc. locally.

Should I risk it buying a used tank for that much of a discount or wait for a new one? What would you guys do..

I am willing to pay for a new one, but the cheaper one an upgraded gear also sounds good haha
 
Ok..

Ive been wanting a Waterbox 105.4 for awhile..
However, there is a Waterbed 130.4 used for sale for under $900 with sump etc. locally.

Should I risk it buying a used tank for that much of a discount or wait for a new one? What would you guys do..

I am willing to pay for a new one, but the cheaper one an upgraded gear also sounds good haha
I'd be nervous about a used tank. I'm sure it's fine but I've personally been burned by buying a used tank. Innovative marine is doing a made to order sale right now you get 40% off. I'd look into those before spending 3k on a water box. Last time I checked most of waterboxes tanks where on back order so the wait on the made to order sale would be about the same for the waterbox.

Hope this helps.
 
Ok..

Ive been wanting a Waterbox 105.4 for awhile..
However, there is a Waterbed 130.4 used for sale for under $900 with sump etc. locally.

Should I risk it buying a used tank for that much of a discount or wait for a new one? What would you guys do..

I am willing to pay for a new one, but the cheaper one an upgraded gear also sounds good haha
Your asking people that are from, 6month to 20 years of various experience of a variety of different species.
 
I purchased a brand new Crystal Dynamic 225 gallon tank, bigger the tank more money, more work, etc, I would look into the IM tanks, if I did not need the big tank I would go with a smaller IM app size of 36 x 30 x 20 if possible. Lots of people in the club I am a member of agree with getting an IM tank, and these guys have been around for a long time, and have huge money in their tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new