Buying quarantined fish...

Yes you were wrongly told that those flames can be paired. That information was incorrect so as per my promise

I apologize to you and issue you credit of $330. The amount you paid for the angels.
This right here is exactly why my next fish order will come from Dr. Reefs
 
We are not perfect but I promise you if we are wrong we will make it right.

We believe in service and not in making quick buck.
 
We are not perfect but I promise you if we are wrong we will make it right.

We believe in service and not in making quick buck.
Nobody is perfect by far but company’s willing to do right and owning their mistakes is what puts companies ahead of others in my opinion
 
This right here is a problem IMO. I understand the thought so the good Dr. need not respond as this has already been discussed along with Thursday shipping for Friday delivery.
Problem is many people run a single tank and often 2 of the same fish can not be placed in the same tank. What happens if they both arrive healthy? I suppose a LFS might take it but what if someone doesn't have a LFS? Do they set up a new tank for one fish or flush it? It sounds good and generous but I think it's done because it's easier and cheaper to ship an extra than having to honor the doa policy.
I can see your point but it is an option when you check out. You don't have to recieve a duplicate. You also pick how big you want the fish.

I've gotten duplicates on damsels and some wrasse. They all survived shipment so I got extra fish for free. Felt nice seeing that in the shipment.
 
I'm sure it's under smaller fish. Maybe less expensive fish.
I'm sure if and when I order a Gem Tang or a Regal Angel there won't be that option.
I have no doubt you are correct.
PS even if the expensive fish is a difficult shipper which is supposed to be the reason for it.

They shipped me double on a Dusky Wrasse which is a $200 fish from their website. They were a good size. I also got double on a $140.00 McCosker's Wrasse. Damsels were pretty cheap comparatively but still got extras on those.

That is just what was shipped double.

Aside from that they have a DOA policy that they stand behind so even if they don't ship a double of a Gem Tang, if it arrives dead you get another one. Not only that but they also have a 3 day alive in your tank guarantee on the Gems specifically. Great peace of mind in my opinion.

I've never recieved anything DOA.

I had that same problem with a flagfin angelfish (twice). smh

That's very unfortunate sorry to hear. I read stories about Mystery Wrasse hiding for months and then coming out so I have my fingers crossed
 
the prices...😵‍💫

To be fair, what goes in QT’ing isn’t the easiest. All one has to do is QT their own. They will say Nvmd most of the time haha.

Then dump fish in their tanks and back here in the medics layer asking how to fix the issues. 😆
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new