bye bye BSI glue

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what's going on with BSI glue. No matter which glue tube i buy .. the metal or plastic prong inside the cap. I can't keep this glue from drying out. It would either glue the cap on where i cannot remove the cap or glue the itself dry. In order for me to use the remainder of the glue , i would have to poke a hole somewhere on the tube and utilize it that way.

I'm done with you BSI , in search of a better product.

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what's going on with BSI glue. No matter which glue tube i buy .. the metal or plastic prong inside the cap. I can't keep this glue from drying out. It would either glue the cap on where i cannot remove the cap or glue the itself dry. In order for me to use the remainder of the glue , i would have to poke a hole somewhere on the tube and utilize it that way.

I'm done with you BSI , in search of a better product.

I run into that with the ecotech coral glue every now and then but I have yet to find anything that compares to it so I continue to buy it. A good backup when I am out is using those one time use mini glue gels from loctite. Don't have to worry if I use the entire small throw-away bottle making frags.

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Agree! I hate the caps. After one use, even if cleaned, it still clogs the tip. I have a sample of EcoTech glue which isn’t too bad. Loctite glue works awesome and doesn’t clog but it isn’t as think as bsi. Someone said putting the glue in the refridgerator can help prevent its clogging but I have yet to try that.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just trim the cap back with scissors every time I use it. Never had an issue; except that one time a tube exploded in my hand while gluing frags over the water in the tank... lots of glue in the tank.. lots of glue on my hand..

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the BSI glue works extremely well, but agree with the frustrations OP mentions. I've switched to:

Not quite as thick as the BSI, but works well enough and no worries about storage.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the BSI glue works extremely well, but agree with the frustrations OP mentions. I've switched to:

Not quite as thick as the BSI, but works well enough and no worries about storage.

I use the same.
Each tube is enough for a couple frags or 1 bigger thing, then just toss it.

MrWheelock

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a big thing of BSI with the twist cap, yes it dries a little but, I wipe off excess before and after closing then put it in the fridge so the glue keeps longer. If the glue sticks the cap I just twist it open and pop the glue off the top.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back