C-Reefer's Photography Journal

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
howdy guys, its been a hot minute since ive posted. ive since started a full time job working at my lfs, and was recently place in charge of all the social media. I had previously used a nice basically point and shoot and got some fairly nice pictures, but nothing along the lines of what a DSLR could do. So of course i needed good pictures. I am now in charge of a DSLR camera.

I NEED HELP!

I was able to figure out focus, lenses, etc, but need help with exposure, f-stop, white balance, editing, all that other jazz lol. We are getting Adobe Photoshop so i can process RAW photos, but i was able to play around with it yesterday and mostly just put it on auto. heres some of my very first pictures. Its not letting me post some of them because their too large, I think those are the ones i shot with the best quality setting.
DSC_0043_edited.jpeg
DSC_0016_edited.jpeg
1587829184778_DSC_0011 (2)_edited.jpeg
DSC_0031.JPG

The camera is a Nikon D3300, for the Copperband pic, here are the settings: f-stop - 8.0, 1/60, 125.00mm, ISO 100

I really have no idea what any of those, except I assume the lense is 125mm, and I mostly know what the ISO is. A basic explanation would be much appreciated!

So yeah, im basically just gonna be posting the best pictures that i think i take every time i take pictures, kinda track my progress and get advice on how to become better.

Today anf tomorrow i have off, so i got to take the camera home and practice with it on my tank photos fron that will be coming soon

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on what looks to be a job you will enjoy.
Suggest u start by checking the photography articles in the sticky portion of the photography forum. The series I wrote should give you the basic u understanding of exposure, aperture, shutters speed and white balance without diving into complex physics. Definitely do post pics u take so people can give advice on how to improve.

OP
OP
C-Reefer

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on what looks to be a job you will enjoy.
Suggest u start by checking the photography articles in the sticky portion of the photography forum. The series I wrote should give you the basic u understanding of exposure, aperture, shutters speed and white balance without diving into complex physics. Definitely do post pics u take so people can give advice on how to improve.

I shall for sure check into those posts when I have the time! They look to be excellent resources.

Here is the best of what I have taken in the past few days
DSC_0068.jpg
DSC_0096-2.jpg
DSC_0147.jpg
DSC_0059-2.jpg

OP
OP
C-Reefer

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Round three, improving, slowly, I think. I shot the tang photo in RAW, which made editing a good bit easier. Still having trouble setting my white balance.

DSC_0126.jpg
DSC_0063.jpg
DSC_0056.jpg
DSC_0053.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back