Cabbage leather coral patchy

  • Thread starter Thread starter shanzfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

shanzfish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2020
Messages
96
Reaction score
91
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I noticed today my cabbage leather is patchy under the blue light. Is it shedding? I’ve not had one before, thanks :)

D4961736-D2B8-4F00-8D75-ECE304D50F68.jpeg
 
It can be. I know my leathers tend do be that way before they shed but not all the time. At first I thought something stung them but nothing is around my leathers. Do you have some decent flow over it to help when it sheds?
 
It can be. I know my leathers tend do be that way before they shed but not all the time. At first I thought something stung them but nothing is around my leathers. Do you have some decent flow over it to help when it sheds?
Yeah I have a power head going across it and the filter dropping water above it so I think it’s getting enough flow
 
Yeah I have a power head going across it and the filter dropping water above it so I think it’s getting enough flow
Sounds good. It should be shedding sometime soon and will look amazing.
 
Pic way too blue to see what you’re referring to
 
Hi I noticed today my cabbage leather is patchy under the blue light. Is it shedding? I’ve not had one before, thanks :)

D4961736-D2B8-4F00-8D75-ECE304D50F68.jpeg
I need to use my infra red night vision glasses to see this :) more white light needed.
 
I need to use my infra red night vision glasses to see this :) more white light needed.
I have a bow front tank so it’s hard to get a clear pic, this is the best one I could take during daylight today. Hopefully it helps
 

Attachments

  • F9F44D2F-4951-4B3F-AC2D-E047BACA5FF3.jpeg
    F9F44D2F-4951-4B3F-AC2D-E047BACA5FF3.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 73

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new