Cabinet fans

Polyp Addict

Got Polyps?
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2013
Messages
320
Reaction score
33
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were to install some sort of fan inside my stand to circulate air, will that cause evaporation from my sump? When I leave my stand doors closed it gets humid and moist, I just don't like having to keep my doors always open so that no build up condensation doesn't happen. I want to add fans but want to make sure it will not cause an accelerated evaporation. I'd like to be able to keep my stand doors closed without worrying about moisture and corrosion from the moisture.
 
Hi,
To answer your question adding a fan will cause a little bit more water depletion bUT it won't be much more than normal. either way your going to have water evaporated. You can either add a vent with a grate up high in the back of your stand to let the mister out or you can add a fan like I did. I added two fans one on each side of my stand with a temperature controll for the summer so if my stand goes over 75 degrees in my stand the fans automatically comes on and cool the stand down till it goes down to my set temp of 65 degrees. I however also have two cut outs in the back of my stand as well for my plumbing and wires but over sized a little for added ventilation. I don't know what u used for paint or waterproofin but you can use mildew resistant paints or some sort of latex water proof paints as well and that will stop some of your cobcerns about rotting or molding. You can also go to your local home depot and buy pond liner and cut and install to waterproof under you stand. You can also use epoxy resin as well expensive but works great and last for a long time and it is waterproof. Hope this helps you out
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new