Cad lights 70. Steel stand DIY questions

NY_Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi. I have a cad lights artisan 70 and I am looking to have a steel stand built and powder coated white. I have no experience with steel stands or doing sketch ups and I wanted to lean on the R2r community for some advice.

I have read multiple threads and have a general idea of what I need to ask the welder to do but I have some questions

Main question:
1- does anyone know how far off the back of the tank the drain bulkhead is? (The larger bulkhead of the three)
I'm afraid if I use 1.5 inch steel for the frame the drain will not clear and it will bump into the steel frame.
This tank is already running so it's hard for me to measure

2- I do not want a center brace in the front for open access. and am considering making the stand longer than the 36" tank. ( need more room under there) so if I make it 43 inches long will I be able to sit the tank anywhere on the frame. Say all the way on the left side or possible dead in the middle of the stand

Going to make the stand 43 long x 24 wide x 31 high
Appreciate your thoughts.

I have no idea how to use any of those fancy programs to design this build but hopefully you all get the idea of what I am talking about here. Thanks

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 69 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back