Cade 600 equipment advice / recommendations

SupremeDej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

So I’ve decided to go for the Cade S2 600 and currently listing out the equipment I want, just looking for some advice or recommendations, or if it's even adequate enough for the tank.

After some Research, inspiration from here and looking at shadyraro’s thread and YouTube channel, I’ve decided on the following. I also wanted a ReefMat and skimmer and saw a lot of people remove parts of their sump to make equipment fit, but that’s something I don’t want to mess around with.

Lighting: Torn between XR15 G6 or XR30 G6 (softies & LPS), Skimmer: Deltec 400i, Power heads: 2 x Nero 3s, Heater: Not really looked into this too much, open to suggestions. Return pump: Again, open to some good quality suggestions, Reef Mat 250 ( due to the size of the pump I’m guessing this and the 400i will fit without needing to make mods), Nano Tech bio spheres for the media baskets.

For now, I think this covers the bulk of getting started. Things like Live rocks, sand, test kits etc., I will pick up from my LFS, but I just wanted to get the main equipment out of the way. Do you all think this is a good starting point if I’ve missed anything critical you would recommend then please let me know.

Thanks, Dale

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1708619923015.png

OP
OP
S

SupremeDej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered the tank yesterday, just waiting on delivery. I went for an Eheim 125w heater with an Inkbird. I will order a second one later on after the tank's cycled. For the return pump, I’ve chosen a Jecod MDP 5000. It's probably something I might upgrade later down the line, but we'll see how it performs; it does have good reviews.

I'm still deciding on the skimmer, as I want to make sure it's one that will fit alongside the Reef Mat 250 in the sump without mods. I'm torn between the 400 or 600 Deltec AC or DC.

The Neros have such mixed reviews, so I'm not sure whether to get them. The thing I like the most is the sleek, compact design; that's what's selling it to me.

Thanks,
Dale

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The Nero’s are great with Cades because you can put them on the back wall easily. I use a food sealer to enclose magnet on the outside and then drop it in the back chamber. No powerheads on the side is a great look

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @SupremeDej :

Following along. Just set up my cade 600 S2 about a month ago. Have not purchased a skimmer for it yet. I did not modify mine for a reefMat - only using disposable filter sock. No animals or rock yet. I have some old live rock that has been "cooking" in my 120g sps reef for the past 2 months. would be interested to know what skimmer you settled on and how it is working.

Thanks.

Greg

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nero’s are great with Cades because you can put them on the back wall easily. I use a food sealer to enclose magnet on the outside and then drop it in the back chamber. No powerheads on the side is a great look
@ronnie: by "food sealer" do you mean a ziplock bag?

Thanks. Greg

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could add a Random Flow Generator® Nozzle to that tank and pair it with a good sized return pump.

We have a few pre-configured flow kits that are directly compatible with this tank's 25mm outlet. And. given a big enough return pump and properly sized RFG, you may be abel to reduce to possible eliminate power heads. Put the extra saving towards livestock ;-)

Here are the opitons

3/4in Random Flow Generator® Flow Kit – 3/4 Flex-Series RFG

You will want a return pump capable of delivering 600 to 800 GPH (or more) to the outlet
1711999504404.png

1/2in Random Flow Generator® Flow Kit – 1/2 Flex-Series RFG

For this kit, you'll want to pair with with a pump capable of delivering 450 to 600 GPH to the return
1711999526644.png

Ultimate Return Line Upgrade Kit – Dual 1/2 Flex-Series RFG

For this kit, you'll want to pair with with a pump capable of delivering 800 to 1000 GPH or more to the return

1711999602567.png

You'll find all these options at all the major online retailers. and possibly your local fish store.

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered the tank yesterday, just waiting on delivery. I went for an Eheim 125w heater with an Inkbird. I will order a second one later on after the tank's cycled. For the return pump, I’ve chosen a Jecod MDP 5000. It's probably something I might upgrade later down the line, but we'll see how it performs; it does have good reviews.

I'm still deciding on the skimmer, as I want to make sure it's one that will fit alongside the Reef Mat 250 in the sump without mods. I'm torn between the 400 or 600 Deltec AC or DC.

The Neros have such mixed reviews, so I'm not sure whether to get them. The thing I like the most is the sleek, compact design; that's what's selling it to me.

Thanks,
Dale
Great to see another Cade build on here, has your tank arrived yet?
The Nero 3's are great little powerheads I never had any issues with them, when I had my 600 I had one on the back wall and one on the side and it was more than enough flow for LPS/softies.
I've since upgraded to the Cade 900 but the sumps are exactly the same, if you check out my tank thread you'll see how I installed the Reefmat 250 and all the other gear without doing any mods.
Good luck, you're going to love the Cade!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back