Cade 900 s2 Owners - help!

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm going to be getting a Cade 900 s2 soon (YAY!!!) and am trying to plan my equipment purchases. I'd like to get a return pump, and know there are several things you have to consider first, but have no idea what the specifications are that I need to be looking at as far as the Cade 900 goes. Do any of you have return pumps that you love? I'm hoping to get two - one primary pump, and a cheaper one to keep as a back up in case something goes wrong. I was thinking of getting a Jebao as the cheaper backup pump, but would I need to consider what my primary pump will be and whether or not the two pumps are easily interchangeable? Thanks for any help!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I'd get a pair of Sicce SDC 6.0 pumps. 5-year warranty and they can be controlled by a Neptune Apex. They are very quiet, and you probably wouldn't be running a single one more than 50% (probably less than 30% if you ran 2 in tandem). A pair of Neptune COR15s is another option as you can run these through the 1LINK ports on the EB832 power bar.

Many reefers will run one pump for their returns and the second for the manifold to their reactors, UV, etc. But you can certainly configure both so you have an automatic backup/failover. Honestly, having spent the money on a Cade I'd put some $$ into getting a reliable brand name pump.

I'd take a peek in the builds forums to see how other Cade owners have setup their tanks and use for equipment. Good luck!

MmeAssoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a Sicce Syncra 4.0 in my Cade 900, and it seems to be good - moves a lot of water, and isn't particularly noisy (although my DC skimmer is much quieter). The tank has only been running for about a month, though.

My build thread is here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/build-thread-85-gallon-cade-pr-900-s2.844037/

The cades are really beautiful tanks, you're going to love yours!

OP
OP
Seachelle

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MmeAssoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is, and honestly it's because I just got a bit confused at the store - I went in meaning to buy a DC pump, because they're meant to be quieter and have better energy consumption.

Having said that, I do think the AC pump seems pretty quiet. The one thing that DC pumps have that I wish my Syncra had is a feed mode - as it is, I turn my pump off completely to feed, and having the water back-drain into the sump is a bit annoying. I suspect I'll probably upgrade to a DC pump at some point.

Back