Cade 900 S2 - Roller Mat Compatibility

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I picked up a used cade 900 last weekend and was curious if there is a good plug and play roller mat I can drop in. I have seen the larger tanks were designed to drop in roller mats, but that is 1200 and above.

Any recommendations? I’m trying to get the tank up and going this weekend with any luck.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef Factory S will fit nicely in the filter sock compartment. You can fit the M size as well, but it's gonna be a squeeze..

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can fit the Clarisea SK3000 / 5000 as well ; I was running the Clarisea 3000 in the filter sock compartment for two years..

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank and had a ReefMat 500 in it but recently swapped it out for a ReefMat 250 to gain a bit more sump room. Great pieces of kit!

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I picked up a used cade 900 last weekend and was curious if there is a good plug and play roller mat I can drop in. I have seen the larger tanks were designed to drop in roller mats, but that is 1200 and above.

Any recommendations? I’m trying to get the tank up and going this weekend with any luck.
Not sure if you've already bought one but I just ordered a Reef Smart S for my S2 900 and am going to install it when it arrives. It should be a nice fit with the 40mm inlet. Just have to remove the two small pieces of glass that supports the filter sock tray and the divider between that area and the down pipes. If you're interested, I'll let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
ronnie

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not sure if you've already bought one but I just ordered a Reef Smart S for my S2 900 and am going to install it when it arrives. It should be a nice fit with the 40mm inlet. Just have to remove the two small pieces of glass that supports the filter sock tray and the divider between that area and the down pipes. If you're interested, I'll let you know how it goes.
Thank you. I haven’t yet - but I’m getting tired of rinsing socks. Please keep me updated.

wickedxreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious how this went? Do you have pictures?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back