OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, I have a lonely torch back there... I wonder how many heads we're at now?
PXL_20220102_192344586.jpg

Edit: I bought it at one for like $20 to hit free shipping on an order. Last time it fell from the urchin it was at 3, and I glued it in so idk where we're at now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some thinner/more manageable dosing containers. My micros aren't pulling well from the bottle contraption I have currently, I broke multiple voss when I tried to go that route, and the standard squareish ones everyone sells are oversized for what I need and bulky. Any ideas?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm actually going to use the style containers all-for-reef comes in (twin neck type)... I've found small circles I knock around like a maniac.

My next project is going to be cleaning up the dosing area. Ordering new tubing to color code each thing, only calcium and alk need to stay in bigger containers, everything else can go smaller.

Stay tuned, I'll take a before and after photo if I'm successful. This'll be a next 2 week project depending on shipping.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty much.
1641184998635.png

these ones are a little more cost effective from what I can find....
I use these all the time. I never thought of buying them empty. Those would be handy for all kinds of reef stuff.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm actually going to use the style containers all-for-reef comes in (twin neck type)... I've found small circles I knock around like a maniac.

My next project is going to be cleaning up the dosing area. Ordering new tubing to color code each thing, only calcium and alk need to stay in bigger containers, everything else can go smaller.

Stay tuned, I'll take a before and after photo if I'm successful. This'll be a next 2 week project depending on shipping.
I can whip you up color coded vinyl labels in any font you like, if you want to label your containers to match the tubing :) easy peasy

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can whip you up color coded vinyl labels in any font you like, if you want to label your containers to match the tubing :) easy peasy
I actually have a vinyl cutter but I'm SO lazy lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't shared a photo of my fragilis since he came in split because I haven't had much to report.

Today I noticed that all the split has healed over on both pieces, and there's even some new spreading on at least one of them.

PXL_20220105_171759822.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, might be close to cuc update time. Between the betta & my 3 wrasse, I think I only have 2 hermits and the conchs left. A few scattered trocus, but they're always in top corners of the glass instead of contributing. Plus I want a few doves for the smaller tanks and can't justify buying them alone and paying that shipping on only them.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bottles arrived, all tubing will be here Monday. I don't know that I'll have time to start with it prior to my overnight at work, but hopefully I can mess with it on Tuesday at the latest.

I should be able to do any drilling needed in the lid of the bottles before then though at least.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also. Officially closed on the refi and looking for property! We'll use part of the money to buy that outright, then use that and cash we have set aside as well as a down payment to the house we want to build. Finally progress.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Productive day off. Used up the last of my aiptasia killing supplies in this tank. Did a wc from this tank for the 4g. Did a wc on both minis with new water. Put together an order list from reefbeauties that I haven't pulled the trigger on yet. Only 2 thoughts so far @sp1187 ;) ANNDD got the lids drilled and ready for the dosing containers - just waiting on tubing now.

Last edited:

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 29 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back