OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since phos & silicates were super high here last test I'm running a trial with seachem seagel to see how that does. Not something I intend to run in my tank long term but if it helps get it back under control I'll count it a win. I think once the engineer isn't in here rearranging 100% of the time then I won't see the issues anymore. I didn't used to see them until his may - now drama.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like the photos from this phone camera come through more pixelated, but I can adjust the color while I take it and don't have to rely on my clip on lense.

PXL_20220821_151627095.jpg

PXL_20220821_151658231.jpg
PXL_20220821_151706493.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peek a boo, I see you.

I miss my conch, my Halloween hermit ate it for his shell....
I should have 2 or 3 in here. There's always at least one visible. Sometimes more. Not sure how many still exist.

Forgot this photo.
PXL_20220821_151939121.jpg

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What phone are you using now?
Pixel 6a. My 4xl was having to live on a charger & by trading it in I got this for $150.

Might actually start looking into a real camera now.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pixel 6a. My 4xl was having to live on a charger & by trading it in I got this for $150.

Might actually start looking into a real camera now.
The trick with the pixel is that you Need to tell it what to focus on, or it will focus on everything 25% and nothin completely.

When you have an image in frame, touch the subject on your screen.

I try to get the focal point on the side of the coral with the most light. That seems to give me the most depth in the photos.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trick with the pixel is that you Need to tell it what to focus on, or it will focus on everything 25% and nothin completely.

When you have an image in frame, touch the subject on your screen.

I try to get the focal point on the side of the coral with the most light. That seems to give me the most depth in the photos.
Yeah, I moved from a pixel 4xl to a pixel 6a. This camera just doesn't have the exact same specs or focus as nicely. I even get vertical light stripes in this one from the leds which I didn't get with the 4xl.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I moved from a pixel 4xl to a pixel 6a. This camera just doesn't have the exact same specs or focus as nicely. I even get vertical light stripes in this one from the leds which I didn't get with the 4xl.
That's weird.. I went from the 4 to the 6 also. The 4 camera Was for sure better

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's weird.. I went from the 4 to the 6 also. The 4 camera Was for sure better
To the 6a? or the regular or pro? The 6a is that cheaper "budget" phone - upgrade in respects to battery, OS, etc but camera specs were not very different from the 4xl when I was looking. I didn't really want to spend a ton and was carrying around a battery block, but $150 was doable.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To the 6a? or the regular or pro? The 6a is that cheaper "budget" phone - upgrade in respects to battery, OS, etc but camera specs were not very different from the 4xl when I was looking. I didn't really want to spend a ton and was carrying around a battery block, but $150 was doable.
The normal Pxl6. The specs aren't that different, but I think the programming running it was "upgraded" and it's not great for Our application.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The normal Pxl6. The specs aren't that different, but I think the programming running it was "upgraded" and it's not great for Our application.
Yeah, I posted the specs between the 6's above and then the 4xl vs 6a. Yours is a better camera by far. I'm assuming that "flicker sensor" in the 4xl is what kept the striping down from the leds.

No matter how much "focus" I give the camera on this one I still get super grainy photos in comparison to the old and the led bars definitely translate into the photos. I even dug out my clip lense to compare and see if it was coming from me doing the color correction while taking the photo but nope.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back