Cade Filter Socks - What Are You Using?

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cade Owners - what filter socks are you using in your Cade? The stock 100 micron mesh is decent, but I want to use felt as the mesh is letting more through then I like.

I’m suspecting that the Cade sock holder is non-standard as I can’t find a felt sock that fits. The socks won’t seat properly in my Cade 500.

I’ve ordered 4”x8” felt socks from both BRS and Aquatic Experts but neither fits.

I’ve tried asking on a dedicated Cade forum but couldn’t get an answer.

Shouting out a few Cade owners I know of @d2mini @shadyraro @LukeyB

Appreciate any help!

Brent

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cade Owners - what filter socks are you using in your Cade? The stock 100 micron mesh is decent, but I want to use felt as the mesh is letting more through then I like.

I’m suspecting that the Cade sock holder is non-standard as I can’t find a felt sock that fits. The socks won’t seat properly in my Cade 500.

I’ve ordered 4”x8” felt socks from both BRS and Aquatic Experts but neither fits.

I’ve tried asking on a dedicated Cade forum but couldn’t get an answer.

Shouting out a few Cade owners I know of @d2mini @shadyraro @LukeyB

Appreciate any help!

Brent
These!

Been using them for a while now. Just ordered another 30 pack yesterday.
The ring or whatever you call it that comes with them fits the cade holder perfectly.
They literally take about 5 seconds to swap out with a new one. For me that last about 3 days before i notice the water level rising above them, meaning they are clogged. So with my single sock, that 30 pack lasts me a solid 3 months at least. Not bad! My previous order lasted me near 5 months. lol I dont over feed though.

Here's a photo so you can see the length.

1696714066622.jpeg

OP
OP
LBCBJ

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These!

Been using them for a while now. Just ordered another 30 pack yesterday.
The ring or whatever you call it that comes with them fits the cade holder perfectly.
They literally take about 5 seconds to swap out with a new one. For me that last about 3 days before i notice the water level rising above them, meaning they are clogged. So with my single sock, that 30 pack lasts me a solid 3 months at least. Not bad! My previous order lasted me near 5 months. lol I dont over feed though.

Here's a photo so you can see the length.

1696714066622.jpeg

@d2mini you are the man! I’ve heard about these, will have to check them out. Plenty familiar with diapers from my 2 year old :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah well that solves the sock issue :). I have seen one installed on a 500 so I know it’s doable and definitley an option in the longer run. Thanks!
They’re definitely worth it and one less thing to worry about, they’re pretty much fit and forget. I’m getting on average 80 days out of a roll, so to me it’s money well spent.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah well that solves the sock issue :). I have seen one installed on a 500 so I know it’s doable and definitley an option in the longer run. Thanks!
I thought about it too. Red Sea just came out with the 250 and there are others like Klir that are known to drop into my size Cade. But then I compare the cost of filter rolls and those reef diapers and I'm like... might as well just continue with the diapers for now. Maybe eventually.

OP
OP
LBCBJ

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about it too. Red Sea just came out with the 250 and there are others like Klir that are known to drop into my size Cade. But then I compare the cost of filter rolls and those reef diapers and I'm like... might as well just continue with the diapers for now. Maybe eventually.
Same, I’m an easy sell so my @Reef Diaper are arriving tomorrow. Fingers crossed they fit :). Down the road I’ll def consider a roller.

OP
OP
LBCBJ

LBCBJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh baby! The Reef Diapers fit my Cade like a glove. The flange is an even snugger fit than the stock sock. Not sure about other Cades but the 500 is designed for a 4x8” so this one’s a tad too long but doesn’t seem to affect the flow.

Still trying to explain to my wife what Amazon has delivered :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Great product @Reef Diaper and kudos again @d2mini for the recommendation.

IMG_6040.jpeg

IMG_6034.jpeg

IMG_6037.jpeg

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh baby! The Reef Diapers fit my Cade like a glove. The flange is an even snugger fit than the stock sock. Not sure about other Cades but the 500 is designed for a 4x8” so this one’s a tad too long but doesn’t seem to affect the flow.

Still trying to explain to my wife what Amazon has delivered :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Great product @Reef Diaper and kudos again @d2mini for the recommendation.
Awesome! Glad it fit well!
You may find that the sock ends up blowing up like a balloon, effectively shortening it anyway.
But ya, shouldn't really matter either way.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%

Back