CadLights SPS 100G reef

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, just wow! This tank is amazing! I see that you are located in the Bay. Do you buy any of your coral locally? I almost bit the bullet on a 90g Cadlights in California Reef Co. this weekend but I might just go back when my tax refund comes in lol.

OP
OP
Vmacisback

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, just wow! This tank is amazing! I see that you are located in the Bay. Do you buy any of your coral locally? I almost bit the bullet on a 90g Cadlights in California Reef Co. this weekend but I might just go back when my tax refund comes in lol.
Some are local like the shortcake colony but most are from online e vendors here on r2r. To be honest I just came up on a sweet new tank so depends on how long ur willing to wait I may be selling this cadlights tank here in a couple months. Pm me. Thanks for the kind words too.

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some are local like the shortcake colony but most are from online e vendors here on r2r. To be honest I just came up on a sweet new tank so depends on how long ur willing to wait I may be selling this cadlights tank here in a couple months. Pm me. Thanks for the kind words too.
Awesome! I can never buy from vendors because I get home too late and would have to take a day off in order to receive the coral. Apparently my tax return is going towards some cruise or something my Fiance is planning, so looks like I am stuck with my 60 Cube and 40 breeder for a while lol. Thanks for the offer though!

OP
OP
Vmacisback

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I can never buy from vendors because I get home too late and would have to take a day off in order to receive the coral. Apparently my tax return is going towards some cruise or something my Fiance is planning, so looks like I am stuck with my 60 Cube and 40 breeder for a while lol. Thanks for the offer though!
Ha cruise away sounds fun!

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate cruises. I'd rather have a new tank lol. Can't wait to get paid to go down to California reef co and get some nice acros. I love that place!

OP
OP
Vmacisback

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fox Flame Baby!:tongue:
fox flame.jpg

OP
OP
Vmacisback

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New fish addition today: Rhomboid Wrasse pair
Also decided to take a couple pics of my acros, they are starting to show some crazy PE with my dosing regimen of vinegar
Rhomboid.jpg
red.jpg
short cake.jpg
dragon.jpg
acro.jpg

OP
OP
Vmacisback

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was asked about my dosing so i figure id share it.

Halides are on 6 hrs a day
t5's are on 9 hrs a day
reefbrite is on 12hrs a day

I dose 3 ml of vinegar a day and bacteria every few days. Vingear amount will probably go up as I add more fish and feed more. I feed flakes in the morning and mysis or LRS reef frenzy or PE mysis in the afternoon about a cube worth and another pinch of flakes before the lights go off.

I dose zeobak and MB7 for bacteria, sponge power, K balance, Pohls xtra, lugols, flatworm stop (I dont have flatworms btw). About 1 a week for each of these just the recommended dosage for my tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful reef!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 190 73.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.6%

Back