Cal reactor ? When to add to system?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MattL22
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
37
Location
Longisland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill be picking up a cal reactor this weekend at them moment I just got my 225 up and running!
No coral yet I plan on adding few sps frags to start it off !
Tank will be 100% sps so my question is when should I add the cal reactor to the tank?
Obviously in beginning should be fine with water changes?
I'd like to get it running as soon as possible so as demand goes up just up the co2 / effluent and there is not a big shock of adding a cal reactor down the road when the sps r grown out a bit!
Any suggestions!
 
When your calcium and alkalinity can no longer be satisfied by normal small water changes or when dosing becomes a pain.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new