Calcium reactor help

Colgan10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to drastic right now going on I have an SPS dominated tank with a clam. Running a geo reactor on the tank with extra course arm media and remag. I have the hana ph prob and electronic CO2 regulator and the kamor pump. I have currently been having to run the oh at 6.1 in the reactor which only gave me a dkh effluent oh 10. Even with the low effluent my tank was holding steady at 9 dkh. I have since removed the leds and put back on my t5 metal halide fixture with two reef Brite xhos and the tank has exploded with growth and the dkh has been dropping slowly. I’m already at 85ml/min of the effluent.
I have read many forums on the arm extra course I wanted to get reborn but it is sold out everywhere I think if I change reactor media it will give me a more concentrated effluent. What are some recommendations I really don’t want to run my reactor ph lower than 6 but nothing seems to touch this media I’m using. Any advice?

NitrateKillah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run carribsea at 7.3 and getting DKH of 8. I run at full stream and no Kamora, glad I didn't have to spend money.

Bubble count is 1 per sec. Using a $30 regulator from Amazon, works great and no need for a $300 regulator, go return it.

I am switching over to Halides myself, LED sucks.

OP
OP
Colgan10

Colgan10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run carribsea at 7.3 and getting DKH of 8. I run at full stream and no Kamora, glad I didn't have to spend money.

Bubble count is 1 per sec. Using a $30 regulator from Amazon, works great and no need for a $300 regulator, go return it.

I am switching over to Halides myself, LED sucks.
Yes leds do suck in my opinion. Is your effluent a dkh of 8 or your tank? The effluent should be up near 30 or so I would think. My tank was fun holding at nine with the arm Ec but since the increase growth and uptake it can’t keep up. Are your running the extra course? I can’t say anything bad about my equipment I actually love the control of it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
There is seachem Raector media and I dont get what is happening with reBorn- Second time this year

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve heard a couple people recommend seachem media what size?
It comes in Medium and Large. I have lg and theyre pretty good size( alittle larger than a nickel)

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How well does it melt? What ph do you run? Thanks for your help.
Im running off Apex at 6.57 and it has dropped 3" in 11 months

NitrateKillah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes leds do suck in my opinion. Is your effluent a dkh of 8 or your tank? The effluent should be up near 30 or so I would think. My tank was fun holding at nine with the arm Ec but since the increase growth and uptake it can’t keep up. Are your running the extra course? I can’t say anything bad about my equipment I actually love the control of it.

I am running the effluent at full stream, so it is always steady at 8, not using a PH controller, its not needed. Media is barley half full, I am using a Aquamaxx T3.

Its only 30 gallons, including the sump and fuge. I got at 10 percent off, I rather not upgrade later and do it now. Running full stream will lower your PH.

OP
OP
Colgan10

Colgan10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size Geo reactor do you have and what size is your system?
I have the CR612. My system is a reefer xl300. It’s about 80 gallon total volume.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Colgan10

Colgan10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I checked alkalinity today and over the weekend I raised to 9.8. I was on a business trip out of town. On Thursday I had added two part to bring it to 8.8. I had lowered the ph of the rector to where it is running at 5.9 now. I’m going to lower the drip rate to bring back down the dkh I was at 90 ml/min backed it down to 78 ml/min. Going to retest tomorrow morning.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back