Calcium reactor issues with low PH

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to add a CO2 scrubber to my system due to so much build up in the house with my wife and kids. Since this whole QT thing has started, I have had to swap out my media every two weeks. A scrubber is a good way to help that issue if you do not want to use KALK. My PH was not as low as yours though.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of regulator do you have and what do you have working pressure set too?

salty joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that helped me was to run the calcium reactor effluent into a capped 2" PVC pipe with small holes drilled in the cap. The pipe is submerged in the tank or sump with the cap at the bottom. I put an airstone in the pipe and adjusted the airflow until the PH inside the pipe rose to 7.6.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back