Calcium reactor media substrate question

Mr. GoodStuff

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2019
Messages
244
Reaction score
49
Location
60455
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Setting up a new tank and would like to use calcium reactor media for the substrate. I like the look of it and the benefit of it not moving with higher flow.

Is any calcium reactor media ok to use? Like are they all the same? I was originally going to use the Reborn media but it is really expensive. Would something like Seachem Reactor MD be ok?
 
Well, you want aragonite....so if it's aragonite, then yes. Not all reactor media is the same though. If it doesn't claim what it is on the package, it's probably best to look elsewhere or just use tank sand. Reef Floor Special Grade is relatively uniform and doesn't usually move in flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new