Calcium Reactor Media

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brew12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Has anyone used seachems reef calcium reactor media? I cant find anyone that has used it,,, i mean no one... lol

I know this is a pretty old thread, but I didn't see any followup comments regarding the Seachem Reef Reactor media and I was just doing some dialing-in of my reactor, so thought I would chime-in. I use the Large size (1-3 cm grain size) because I didn't like how small the CaribSea media was and I've been quite happy with it. I did reach out to Seachem today about their recommendations on PH level and and they suggest a range of 6.6 to 6.8. I've been running mine on 6.4 to 6.5 for a while, but I've noticed the sponges in my reactor are kinda nasty, so I think that's too low.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new