Calcium Reactor Media

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a MRC dual stage. It can certainly keep up at the expense of lowering the PH tank.
Just a thought give member jda a look. It is who I used for info on setting up mine. He may have some insite for you as his systems consume much more alk than mine.
Following his advice I have zero issues.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any word on this yet? I heard a few rumors circling that reborn was gone forever. Have there been any actual new developments on availability?

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did. Started dosing kalk through my apex dos. Started off at a half of tbs per gallon. Hopefully this will allow me to turn down the reactor but not sure if the dose I am using will be sufficient with a positive effect on tank ph.
Half a tablespoon isn't much if you want a ph bump. You'll see a better ph increase with 2 tablespoons.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to ask. What is your dkh comming out of your reactor?
Do you measure it.
Its how I setup my reactor.

Welp, 90's
I just forgot to measure my output's dKH with Reborn... ;Cow, but the Tunze media is in.

There was just enough to fill up stage one and two.

To be fair to Arm / the " Arm fine" media has melted in stage two like Reborn did in the main reactor for two years at an melting ph of 7.0 in the main reactor.

Starting off with a ph of 6.75 in the main reactor with Tunze.

lol
Reactor's output is flowing over a piece of live rock, before it hits the sump.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, 90's
I just forgot to measure my output's dKH with Reborn... ;Cow, but the Tunze media is in.

There was just enough to fill up stage one and two.

To be fair to Arm / the " Arm fine" media has melted in stage two like Reborn did in the main reactor for two years at an melting ph of 7.0 in the main reactor.

Starting off with a ph of 6.75 in the main reactor with Tunze.

lol
Reactor's output is flowing over a piece of live rock, before it hits the sump.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Well,
It's melting at 6.75, my main display is at 8.5 and the reactor's effluent just came in 11.6

Thanks for the support and will keep the updates coming.

Might not pan out, but it's worth a shot and gotta start some where.

FWIW:
Tunze USA raised the Ebay price, just after I bought that bucket.

Have a great night!

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did a little experiment. I broke down my MRC two stage reactor and setup my single stage Reef Octo. I just think is way off with the ARM media. I just let the reactor go at 1.5 bubbles per second and effluent at 85 MLS. Just tested the effluent DKH and it was only 16. Ph in the chamber was down to 5.8. What is going on here? My tank was dialed in for literally 5 years using reborn. Within a month of using ARM I had to add kalk and still can't get close to what I was getting previously. This stuff needs to be discontinued. I really think I may be going back to 2 part dosing.

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did a little experiment. I broke down my MRC two stage reactor and setup my single stage Reef Octo. I just think is way off with the ARM media. I just let the reactor go at 1.5 bubbles per second and effluent at 85 MLS. Just tested the effluent DKH and it was only 16. Ph in the chamber was down to 5.8. What is going on here? My tank was dialed in for literally 5 years using reborn. Within a month of using ARM I had to add kalk and still can't get close to what I was getting previously. This stuff needs to be discontinued. I really think I may be going back to 2 part dosing.
I've only gone through one batch of ARM but it seems to need a week or two at a low pH before it starts dissolving properly. Now that I have had it for awhile I'm able to run a chamber pH of 6.7. Before I couldn't keep up with a pH of 6.3.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well,
One bucket should be here on the 9th, I think it will fill her up too.

Banking on the lime base to help with ph rebound.

We'll see how it plays out. I should have about one more year of Reborn, but want to find another option.

Thanks so much for taking the time.

We are alike in so many ways lol. I bought the big box when I did and i am glad I did. At the rate I'm going I'll have media for at least another 18-24 months.

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I had to shutdown my reactor. I wasn't getting consistent numbers in the tank and I had to run the reactor at an internal PH of 6.0 to keep with the demand. Pretty much all of my acros lost color and polyp extension. My red dragon STN'd from the bottom. My maxima clam looks like garbage. I am back to dosing 2 part for the time being to see if I can get some recovery. All I will say is ARM is garbage. Nobody should be using this .

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any news on this? Gonna have to make something happen soon with my reactor unfortunately.

I had our purchasing team reach out to Two Little Fishes and it sounds like they are beginning to get the Reborn media back in stock. Once we get tracking information from them, we'll have a better idea in terms of an ETA.

Back