Calcium reactor users! Whats your PH?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zheka757
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zheka757

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Messages
4,619
Reaction score
30,335
Location
North Port
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats your PH in display tank running calsium reactors?
If its above 8.3 tell us how you got it up so high!
 
FWIW, tanks using CaCO3/CO2 reactors do run lower in pH than tanks using any other alk and calcium methods, except perhaps calcium acetate.
 
7.7-8.0. Open the slider and it will go to 8.3. Open slider at night 7.9-8.3. Carx effluent ph 6.5.
No3 sulfer reactor ph 7.1.

Note: I run 4 systems, 3 on esv 2 part. All 4 systems run the same ph as the Carx.
 
Whats your PH in display tank running calsium reactors?
If its above 8.3 tell us how you got it up so high!
To better understand this question, at what point in photcycle was that measurement made?

Also, what livestock are you maintaining to seek higher PH.

And might I ask you what your alkalinity is while running pH at 8.3?

I intend to use a calcium reactor to operate a macro algae tank and for certain I don’t want such a high pH for macro algae photosynthesis. I prefer using oxygen content of water to measure rate of photosynthesis to gas exchange between CO2 & O2.
 
Last edited:
To better understand this question, at what point in photcycle was that measurement made?

Also, what livestock are you maintaining to seek higher PH.

And might I ask you what your alkalinity is while running pH at 8.3?

I intend to use a calcium reactor to operate a macro algae tank and for certain I don’t want such a high pH for macro algae photosynthesis. I prefer using oxygen content of water to measure rate of photosynthesis to gas exchange between CO2 & O2.
I run an alk of 7.5, range 7-8.
 
To better understand this question, at what point in photcycle was that measurement made?

Also, what livestock are you maintaining to seek higher PH.

And might I ask you what your alkalinity is while running pH at 8.3?

I intend to use a calcium reactor to operate a macro algae tank and for certain I don’t want such a high pH for macro algae photosynthesis. I prefer using oxygen content of water to measure rate of photosynthesis to gas exchange between CO2 & O2.
This is not my tank specific question, this is just general discussion as to what people do on such systems to have higher then expected ph.
This is topic of interest for me as I do run calsium reactor and my ph range is at 7.8-8.2 i run outside air to protein skimmer. And I keep my alk on a low side of 7.5. Recently I also added refugium with lights on during the night. I'm considering running refugium lights 24/7 as my system is naturally high phosphates.(.3)
But again im not looking for answers to my system, im just curious what people do for ph
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new