Calcium reactor vs. 2 part with dosing dump.

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states im looking for opinions on both dosing options. Not sure if if a calcium reactor would be needed for my 25 gallon AIO as i am geting by manually dosing 2 part but i really like the consistency it allows for. I have a nano sized calcium reactor and a Reekeeper lite priced at about 550 for everything i would need. The intial price is a punch to the neither region so im hoping in the long run it would be cheaper to run.

So far the pros i have for the calcium reactor are.

- consistency
- now i have a reason to run a controller
- possibly cheaper in the long run

Dosing pump pros.
-cheaper at start up
-less room taken up in my stand.

Any input would be great.

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion it all depends on what is in your tank. Another is are you planning on upgrading later on? I have an 80 gallon and run a calcium reactor and I only have a few corals, my corals are SPS, chalice and monti. I will never run a doser again and if you tank is mostly SPS and chalices and monti like mine I would run a calcium reactor.

OP
OP
U

urban coral farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion it all depends on what is in your tank. Another is are you planning on upgrading later on? I have an 80 gallon and run a calcium reactor and I only have a few corals, my corals are SPS, chalice and monti. I will never run a doser again and if you tank is mostly SPS and chalices and monti like mine I would run a calcium reactor.
I have a mixed reef but i have 6 sps frags and 1 decent colony of birds of paradise. Im planning on adding a few more sps to the mix to fill out the uper portion of the tank.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 78 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.8%
Back