Calcium Reactor - Would you go with Aquarium Plants Regulator or would you go with PH Controller and lesser brand reg and not bubble count

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm happy with my CarbonDoser, but AlanLe is the way to go.

I really respect him for building them for profit, yet doing everything he can to give others the info on how to do it.

Alan does build some secksy regs, that's for sure, guy definitely deserves props for that RC thread he made years ago.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The carbon doser is a fine design and actually has pretty solid components under the hood of the control box. But a properly maintained dual stage is just a good investment. It’ll outlast just about any other piece of equipment in an entire system. It’s just a joy to own one. But you could succeed just as well with a carbon doser. They work. The control box is able to mitigate the effect of end of tank dump that can happen on a single stage regulator. So that’s not really as much of a worry with them, as it would be with literally any other hobby grade regulator you buy from any aquarium retailer (except a GLA dual stage of course)

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a link to the check valves in his video?

In the video, he uses these. However, I think those are more appropriate for planted tank use.

I prefer these for our saltwater application. Note, it only has a 1/3 psi cracking pressure so you can get an accurate read of the bubble rate from your bubble counter.

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 32.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back