Would like to hear from others what the believe is the BEST Calcium Reactor

Thank You

AlexandraDreadlocksPanda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plenty of good calcium reactors out there - they’re quite simple things really, the quality of the pump on it will be the biggest factor in it…
I run an ultra reef 180, great reactor.
In terms of feed pumps, I’ve gone through a few until I bought the Ecotec Versa VX-1 - build quality is far ahead of Kamoer, they’re cheap junk in my experience.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best calcium reactor? That's a hard question because they all work in a very, very similar way! It really comes down to build quality (which is also subjective!) and personal preference..

It also depends on which brands/makers are available in the region.

I'd go with a Cove CR-150 or one from Avast. with an Ecotech Versa pump (or alternatively Kamoer FX XTP).

Alternatively, if you want the Rolls Royce, it's the Deltec Twin Tech line but no one is daft enough to throw their money on one of them surely! ;-)

You will get 10 different answers from 10 different reefers on this one- beware :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

AlexandraDreadlocksPanda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
‘You will get 10 different answers from 10 different reefers on this one- beware’

Never a truer word said…. I still hold though that having a superb feed pump and quality CO2 regulator are more critical to getting it running well than the quality of the reactor within reason…
The VersaVX-1 is undoubtedly the best peristaltic pump I’ve encountered… Worth the extra £75 over the rebadged Kamoer junk D-D sell as a constant use device…

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never a truer word said…. I still hold though that having a superb feed pump and quality CO2 regulator are more critical to getting it running well than the quality of the reactor within reason…
The VersaVX-1 is undoubtedly the best peristaltic pump I’ve encountered… Worth the extra £75 over the rebadged Kamoer junk D-D sell as a constant use device…
Agree with you 100% on this statement! The reactor itself is the least important component in the equation! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back