Calcium reactor

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to set up a calcium reactor for the first time. I have a roughly 110-130g total water in my system (tank/sump/frag tank) I'm currently dosing 2 part around 100-125ml a day and I'm trying to decide if its work switching over. I have never used a calcium reactor before so I'm trying to figure out what components I need. I do have an apex and trident so control with that would be ideal. From what I can tell I need the reactor (size?) dosing pump ( can I use a DOS or do I need a dosing pump??) PH probe ( I can add another one to my apex) CO2 tank and regulator, Solenoid (what's this for?) Anything I'm missing? Any recommendation on brands? Thanks for the help!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looking to set up a calcium reactor for the first time. I have a roughly 110-130g total water in my system (tank/sump/frag tank) I'm currently dosing 2 part around 100-125ml a day and I'm trying to decide if its work switching over. I have never used a calcium reactor before so I'm trying to figure out what components I need. I do have an apex and trident so control with that would be ideal. From what I can tell I need the reactor (size?) dosing pump ( can I use a DOS or do I need a dosing pump??) PH probe ( I can add another one to my apex) CO2 tank and regulator, Solenoid (what's this for?) Anything I'm missing? Any recommendation on brands? Thanks for the help!
With mine, I reduced 2 part and fired up reactor along with remag and monitored closely first two weeks

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DaStaCo Compact C2 Calcium Reactor (i DON'T HAVE ONE, BUT THESE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE VERY GOOD!

BASIC SET UP FOR A CALCIUM REACTOR

If you like to automate things, the DaStaCo isn't that expensive but you still have to buy a CO2 Regulator, but that is it.

OP
OP
nlutfi

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! When do you guys think it's time to switch? I'm currently dosing 100-125ml of 2 part a day.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trick is to transition without having a large fluctuation in alk in the process.

zeronum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have a few question. 150 gallons system. I dose 250 ml alk and 275 cal a day. Ruffly. I have a full Apex sps heavy. I am thinking the auqamaxx t1. Would that be OK. It says up to 150 gallon system. I have a tank and regulator with silonood already.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 92 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back