calcium reactors..... and go!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dtackett
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dtackett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2015
Messages
1,993
Reaction score
824
Location
Forest, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so im not looking to buy now, but I am looking for info.
my setup with be a 75 gallon sps dominated mixed reef.
im looking into calcium reactors for the first time as im gathering equipment and ideas for this tank that will probably be started around Christmas. honestly I don't know much about calcium reactors so im not sure what to look for.

I know im not looking for the most expensive ones on the market otherwise I would just call bill wann. but im not interested in a 40 dollar tube with a pump either. so I am looking for some help on deciding what to go with. any suggestions?

so far ive looked at the skimz calcium reactor (120MM) but it doesn't seem to come with a tank, or controller. this system will be running either an apex or reefkeeper controller though so I assume I can use that as the controller correct?
 
Go to premium aquatics and you can select a kit/bundle that works best for you
+1 for the geo I'm running a 618 on my 120 very easy plug and play unit
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1447338472.399319.jpg
 
I have been using a skims cm152 for almost a year now and so far it has served me well.
 
I use a Mtc mini cal reactor on a 210. Controlled by apex for over 3 years with no problems.
 
I was planning on running a CaRx on my system even though the demand is very low right now (All I have is a bunch of frags). I was planning on running the output low and increase it as my demand increases. Is this do-able? Or should I go another route?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new