Calcium Rx bubble rate

  • Thread starter Thread starter Davileet
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Davileet

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2012
Messages
377
Reaction score
131
Location
VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started a new adventure with my reef setup and installed a GEO calcium reactor and Co2 tank today. Initially set 35mL/min effluent rate and 20 bubbles/min.

My bubble rate seems to have decreased as the day goes on down to 15bmp. Second stage of my regulator is outputting in the 18 psi range, so I upped to a bit under 25 psi and the bubble rate seems to have gone back up to 20bpm. I will continue to keep an eye on this, but is my thought process of increasing psi to keep consistent bmp the right idea or is something else going on? Does 25psi seem high? I am using an AlanLe built regulator.

Also, 5 hours into operation and the effluent is around 12.5 dkh. Is it too soon to be measuring effluent alk?
 
Started a new adventure with my reef setup and installed a GEO calcium reactor and Co2 tank today. Initially set 35mL/min effluent rate and 20 bubbles/min.

My bubble rate seems to have decreased as the day goes on down to 15bmp. Second stage of my regulator is outputting in the 18 psi range, so I upped to a bit under 25 psi and the bubble rate seems to have gone back up to 20bpm. I will continue to keep an eye on this, but is my thought process of increasing psi to keep consistent bmp the right idea or is something else going on? Does 25psi seem high? I am using an AlanLe built regulator.

Also, 5 hours into operation and the effluent is around 12.5 dkh. Is it too soon to be measuring effluent alk?

I run at about 12-13 psi. I don’t have any problems with bubble rate.

After you make changes test the effluent ALK 24 hrs later. Always test at same time of day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new