Calibrating PH probe for Apex

Silly question but are you rinsing the probe in RO between the two calibration solutions you're using? I didn't do that during my first Cal of a probe and it definitely through off the readings.
 
yes, rinse the probe in RO water. I then dry it off before setting it in a new solution.
I bought some fresh packets of 7 and 10 and recalibrate this morning. Failed the 1st time around.
Did it again and 7 was 734 and 10 was 1056.
Before my pH was reading 7.8/8.0 night/day. Now it's 7.69
This apex manual calibration a absolutely sucks. I have 0 confidence that it's right. Everytime I calibrate it reads lower.
I'm going to check when I get home after work but I'm sure it's not right.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new