Calling all Copepod culturing experts!

Unfortunately my phyto culture crashed and Iam pretty sure it is because I haven't been feeding F2? Would this be correct? It conveniently literally just arrived.
 
I have decided to get the tigriopus pack one for the tank and one for culturing the tigrioupus but i will add the rest of the pods and the rotifers to the aquarium
 
I culture tigriopus californicus (250-1700 microns) and find these to be easy. Most important part of my culture is salinity about 1.020 helps them breed fastest. I feed mine only powdered spirulina, with a bit of banana skin/peel in a tiny beverage container. I use a light only to encourage them to rise up in the water column so when I scoop them out to feed to my tanks and replenish pods in my tanks, then since they are off their food, if I am quick yet careful I pull out less sprulina in the 'brine shrimp sized' nets I use. Mine almost never get phyto, but it is an optional treat they get. I don't raise phyto - I've found that to be hard. I've found pods to be easy and even let me be lazy about taking care of them. Mine are tough little critters!

https://forum.dfwmas.org/index.php?...-tiny-2-5g-tank-experimental-culture-2.43819/
this is awesome thanks for sharing
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new