Calling all experienced reefers

They will be fine, imo.
I run a 250 watt 14k MH on my 36x24x12 frag system.
You can just adjust the height for your system.
20210803_165709.jpg
View attachment 2285740
Unfortunately, I can't adjust the height for my system, the highest I would be able to hang the lights would be about 8" over the water level.
 
Unfortunately, I can't adjust the height for my system, the highest I would be able to hang the lights would be about 8" over the water level.
Then I would look at T5's.
This is my 120 with 8T5's 4" off the surface. I ran for 1 year before halides with great results.
20200809_192502.jpg
 
5wt diodes not intense at all
 
For me Kelvin is nothing but a preference in color temperature. 10k is more yellow whereas 20k is a crisp white/blue look and 14k is a combo of both. In Halides we always used 20k or 14k. In T5s I usually had two 10k or 7.5k bulbs mixed with bluer bulbs. Using Kelvin now is not really relevant if you’re using LEDs. FWIW I would say color temperature wise I keep my lights around 20k
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new