Calling all Metallurgist!

WhatCouldGoWrong71

TheDryReef
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2023
Messages
3,751
Reaction score
2,772
Location
Memphis
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Anyone good with mixed metals? I’m curious if this poses an issue. I am going to build a frame to support my lighting system. Long story short, if I want to uses stainless steel square tube as the support structure mixed with aluminum square tube. Am I going to have a bad reaction between aluminum and stainless steel long term over a salt water tank? Can I get 5 years?
 
Im guessing I can put rubber between the two metals, the aluminum will be anodized. I just can’t find this exact situation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new