Calling all seahorse keepers or those in the midst of a seahorse build!

Mudder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya they can hide real good in thier,,If you look real close rocket is in the upper left hand corner doing his usual knocking snails of the glass..one is in the center on the Purple Ribbon Gorgonian. the other 2 were on the back side of the leather

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya they can hide real good in thier,,If you look real close rocket is in the upper left hand corner doing his usual knocking snails of the glass..one is in the center on the Purple Ribbon Gorgonian. the other 2 were on the back side of the leather
Yes, I could see Rocket's tail! And I spied the seahorse on the gorg (that looks so little in your big tank) the first time I looked.
My ponies can hide well too when they want to.

cpbartak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm setting up a roughly 300g (60" long, 30" wide, 45" tall pentagon) display with 40g sump for temperate/coldwater seahorses (h. abdominalis, and maybe h. hippocampus, and h. guttulatus) as well as a few other peaceful, slow-moving fish (an ornate boxfish, a white-barred boxfish, balloon lumpsuckers, atlantic spiny lumpsuckers, a cherry blossom anthias, catalina gobies, and if I can get them, grunt sculpins and japanese white-girdled gobies). I'm also planning on 6-10 coldwater soft corals, zoanthids, gorgonians, and corynactis. Just need a couple more pieces of equipment.

BTW, for all of those asking where Colby Johnson got the Weedy Sea Dragons, he got them from Steve McLeod (https://www.facebook.com/steve.mcleod.372) who has a license to capture a gravid male Weedy each year, return it to the ocean after giving birth, and then he raises the young.

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a roughly 300g (60" long, 30" wide, 45" tall pentagon) display with 40g sump for temperate/coldwater seahorses (h. abdominalis, and maybe h. hippocampus, and h. guttulatus) as well as a few other peaceful, slow-moving fish (an ornate boxfish, a white-barred boxfish, balloon lumpsuckers, atlantic spiny lumpsuckers, a cherry blossom anthias, catalina gobies, and if I can get them, grunt sculpins and japanese white-girdled gobies). I'm also planning on 6-10 coldwater soft corals, zoanthids, gorgonians, and corynactis. Just need a couple more pieces of equipment.

BTW, for all of those asking where Colby Johnson got the Weedy Sea Dragons, he got them from Steve McLeod (https://www.facebook.com/steve.mcleod.372) who has a license to capture a gravid male Weedy each year, return it to the ocean after giving birth, and then he raises the young.
Sounds like it will be beautiful! Build thread? Those Weedy's are amazing!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back