Calling all Wisco Reefers

Mxracer65

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I'm Mark. I live in Camp Douglas. I have been in the hobby for the better part of 20 years. Currently running a 125g with t5 lighting mixed reef, it's been running about 10 years, 6 in it's current location. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hello everyone. I'm Mark. I live in Camp Douglas. I have been in the hobby for the better part of 20 years. Currently running a 125g with t5 lighting mixed reef, it's been running about 10 years, 6 in it's current location. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Hey Mark, nice to meet you & welcome. Let me know if you need help joining :)

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Welcome @Mxracer65 to the Soon* to be Wisco Reefers :) Glad to have you!

Last edited:

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have been reef keeping for over 20 years and happy to learn more, and share with everyone near and far. It is sad to see Madison’s last reef shop close last year, and with Covid the fall out of Madison Area Reef Society. But glad to see there is still plenty passion in the community.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have been reef keeping for over 20 years and happy to learn more, and share with everyone near and far. It is sad to see Madison’s last reef shop close last year, and with Covid the fall out of Madison Area Reef Society. But glad to see there is still plenty passion in the community.

Unfortunately stores are dying and it was happening before Covid. 3 or 4 of them shut down around me.

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately stores are dying and it was happening before Covid. 3 or 4 of them shut down around me.
My opinion many stores are hurting due to online competition. But those stores that **** down are the ones with out real soecialty or experts in the hobby. When you can’t find anything out of the ordinary or get professional opinion on a highly niche hobby, why would you go? Living art was the last store where you can find cool stuff from time to time, and with Paul being a very knowledgable. Only stores left like petworld and animart just sell bread and butter and the employees often time dont even know how to properly label a fish or coral, let along giving good advicem

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion many stores are hurting due to online competition. But those stores that **** down are the ones with out real soecialty or experts in the hobby. When you can’t find anything out of the ordinary or get professional opinion on a highly niche hobby, why would you go? Living art was the last store where you can find cool stuff from time to time, and with Paul being a very knowledgable. Only stores left like petworld and animart just sell bread and butter and the employees often time dont even know how to properly label a fish or coral, let along giving good advicem

Yep totally agree. What we need is a combination Public aquarium/education center that sells fish and coral.

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been brewing an idea of a reef co-op, a community owned orgabization where members are all part owners to host events, center for information exchange, and everyone is encouraged to trade livestock and provide commission or donations to the coop. Just not sure if the reef community in Madison is strong enough to sustain such an operation, and also passionate enough to participate.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been brewing an idea of a reef co-op, a community owned orgabization where members are all part owners to host events, center for information exchange, and everyone is encouraged to trade livestock and provide commission or donations to the coop. Just not sure if the reef community in Madison is strong enough to sustain such an operation, and also passionate enough to participate.

This is what we are trying get started in a nut shell.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be interesting to see how many people would be down for this. Maybe something to add to the website once it gets up and running.

once the site is up I would like to post a bunch of events for people to sign up for.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back